I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Nicole at Cultural Comments Blog. Thank you for the honor. I ‘met’ Nicole through her blog when she was updating the world about the October 25th mudslide and flood devastation that occurred in Vernazza and Monterosso, in the Cinque Terre, Italy.
I want to be part of the solution for full quick recovery for these two beautiful towns. Each September, I bring a group of women to Monterossso, where I teach a transformational workshop, ITALY RETREAT FOR WOMEN to live la dolce vita. We also travel to Italian Riviera towns, including Vernazza. I love most areas of Italy, but especially the Cinque Terre. It’s a magical land, and Nicole is one of the bloggers who has kept the world informed about the devastation and recovery–a sweet gift of service. The Cinque Terre is a listed as a world heritage site, and I’m just saying they must be rebuilt.
DONATION TO CINQUE TERRE: So, before reading any further, if you would like to donate to their recovery, (any amount is appreciated), please click HERE The money goes directly to rebuilding Monterosso and Vernazza. Another local site created by four expats, that directly supports Vernazza is SaveVernazza.
Now….back to the Versatile Blogger Award! There are a few rules:
Rule #1: Link back to the person that gave you the award
Rule #2: Pass this award on to 15 other deserving blogs
Rule #3: Share seven facts about yourself
15 Bloggers I read and enjoy for many different reasons. Some write about Italy, travel, food, or life experiences in general…but all inspire, educate and comfort me. Read their blogs and enjoy!
I nominate the following wonderful BLOGGERS for the Versatile Blogger Award.
5) Euro Bimbo
7) My Melange
8 ) White Hot Truth
11) A Path To Lunch
13) Bell’ alimento
7 Things About Me:
1. I have dual citizenship with Italy. I have 100% Italian heritage as both sets of grandparents immigrated to the US from Italy in the early 1900′s. I love all things Italian.
2. When I traveled to Italy in 2006 for the first time, I met over 40 relatives. One aunt I met was Aunt Carmella, who was 92 years old, and my maternal grandfather’s baby sister. When my grandfather was 17, he left for America alone, before she was even born. They first met when she was 50 years old and he was 67.
3. I have meditated twice a day and have done yoga for 38 years since I was 20 years old.
4. My life’s work has been focused on helping individuals to be happier, to create an enriched life, and all the possibilities that brings. I started teaching workshops on marriage and parenting three decades ago, and have been focused on helping individuals break free from limiting beliefs, so they can be happier and healthier for the past 20 years. Love my one-one-one work that I do coaching over the phone and in person.
5. I love gardening and have been eating healthy wholesome organic foods my whole adult life. I’m a foodie. It’s important for me to eat well, spend time in nature and get exercise.
6. Cooking and traveling are great passions. Love to watch the cooking channel and Food Network shows. Italy is my favorite place to visit, and my life’s goal is to visit every part of each region of Italy, and to live here several months every year. I have visited France, Holland, Germany, Italy, England, Cayman Islands, Mexico, India, Canada, Cayman Islands, Virgin Islands, and Tahiti.
7. Reading has always been a fun past-time for me. I usually read self-help books and cookbooks, but also memoirs, novels and books about Italy.
Blessings to all of you!